I am off social media almost completely! I say almost because I am still on WeChat so my parents can still get my updates.
Many people asked why. There are many reasons I can think of
- I am tired of posting. It always takes a lot of time to pick the photo and sometimes apply filter and post, not to mention you need to think about what to write, how to describe it. Yea, I know you would say some people don’t even care. But as for me I have a sensitive heart. (In French it’s called un coeur d’artichaut. It can mean falling in love easily also.) I don’t want other people to think about my posts negatively or wow, is she showing off? Or she shouldn’t post this. If Instagram has a function to limit what people can see, I would be the first one to use it. I did it for Facebook, all my Instagram posts are still linked to my Facebook, I just don’t see the point of posting twice on both FB and IG. So I set FB to me only. No one else can see my posts.
- I found it sometimes, I focus too much that I need to document everything in Instagram stories and I forgot to enjoy the moment.
- I have a weird habit, it’s either I don’t do it at all, or I do it all. On Instagram I always feel like I need to post this, I need to post that; then I think oh no, would they think I post too much?
- Life is too good to put on Instagram, too short to use Instagram.
- I have decided to enjoy my life with my eyes, not my phone.
- I need to pick up my camera again, not amateur iPhone.
That being said, I do miss the feeling of I can just look at my Instagram and see the highlight of my life. Well, that’s what this place is for right? Not as user friendly, but it’s mine.
But many people I love and love me back asked me about my life updates, so should I go back to IG?
BTW, I need to update this site, I have missed a lot of updates since I joined Mindshare, now that I have no job, I can look through my photos and fill the blanks.